How to Order and Pay for Services
Placing Your Order
You can help speed your service by specifying clearly the information or service you need. See Order Copies, Certifications & Services.
- Order by Mail: Send your request to:
Secretary of State
Bldg. 1, Suite 157-K
1900 Kanawha Blvd. East
Charleston, WVA 25305-0770
- Order by Telephone or Fax: Use these numbers to place your order.
Remember, payment must be received before the service can be returned to you.
|Business Division Telephone:
|All Other Divisions Telephone:
- Check: Make checks payable to "Secretary of State" and mail with your invoice. Remember, payment must be received before services can be rendered. Please make check for exact amount of service. A $25 service charge is applied to returned checks.
- Credit Card: We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Diner's Club. If you order online, the cardholder information is required to complete the transaction. If you order by telephone, you will be transferred to a cashier to provide information. Your street number and zip code are required for card validation.
- Cash: Walk-in customers may pay by cash, but change usually cannot be made for $100 bills. Please do not send cash by mail.
- Prepaid Accounts: Regular customers may establish a prepaid account by depositing a minimum of $300. The account is assigned an ID, and customers are provided with sequentially numbered prepaid transaction slips which can be used to order services by mail, walk-in or fax. Authorized signatures are required on orders, and any order that would reduce the balance below zero cannot be processed. Customers receive a monthly accounting of transactions. Address written requests for information to the attention of the Cashier at the mailing address above.