Home | Business4WV
Font size: A-  A  A+

 Register to Vote/Request a Ballot

Home Home

Military and Overseas Voting Information

Receiving and Sending Your Ballot
Deadlines for Submitting Your Ballot
Track Your Absentee Ballot
Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot
Helpful Resources
Authorized Late Registration
 Important Dates and Deadlines
If you are a military or overseas voter wishing to vote absentee, first check here to see if you are registered to vote in West Virginia. You may simultaneously register to vote and request an absentee ballot by submitting the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA). You may also register to vote online or by mail using the West Virginia Voter Registration Application and apply for an absentee ballot using the West Virginia UOCAVA Absentee Ballot Application. If you are registering to vote, you must mail the original FPCA or voter registration form to your County Clerk, and it must be postmarked at least 21 days before the election. For more information on registering to vote in West Virginia visit our Voter Registration Page.
If you are already registered to vote and you are using the FPCA or absentee ballot application to request a ballot, you may mail, fax, or e-mail your application to your County Clerk. You may apply for an absentee ballot beginning the first day of January each year or 84 days before the election (whichever is sooner), and one application may be used for all elections in the calendar year for which you apply. Your application for an absentee ballot must be received by the County Clerk no later than 6 days before the election in order to be processed.
Note: Military and Overseas voters do NOT receive their ballots automatically and must reapply for absentee status every election year.