Primary Election Day: May 10,2016
Polls are open from 6:30AM to 7:30 PM. Find your polling place.
General Election Day: November 8, 2016
Polls are open from 6:30AM to 7:30PM. Find your polling place.
What Happens at the Polling Place?
- You will check in with the poll workers at the registration table (there may be a line).
- The poll worker will ask you to state your name and address, and they will search their list of registered voters for your name.
- If you are a first-time voter, the poll workers may ask for your identification. What documents are accepted?
- If the poll worker does not find your name, you may vote a provisional ballot: learn what it means to vote provisional.
- The poll worker will show your name and address on the list of voters. He or she will then ask you to verify your information and sign. If your name or address has changed, you may update this information. If you have moved outside of your precinct but in the same county, you should call the County Clerk's Office to find out your new polling place. Your vote may not count if you vote in the wrong polling place on Election Day.
- A poll worker will take you to the voting booth where you will vote your ballot. Different counties have different methods of voting: learn about your counties voting system.
- If you are worried about voting because you have a disability, learn about your voting opportunities.