How do you file?
Filing Under the New Law
This section does not attempt to explain all issues relating to the effectiveness of the filing or of the information provided. Users of this site should review the provisions of West Virginia Code,
Chapter 46, Article 9, and consult with an experienced attorney where security interests are at stake.
The linked charts summarize the new filing requirements and provide an index to the applicable sections of the new law.
The following is a list of steps:
Submit filings correctly
- See who has authority to file
- Find the correct filing office
- Prepare filings correctly
- Complete the Form
- Review the Completed Form
- Remit the Fee
- Mail, email, fax or deliver to the Secretary of State
- File UCC online