Requesting Searches of Registered Marks
- Trademark registration information is maintained in a database which allows staff to perform global or boolean searches in any field.
- You may request specifics relating to the owner of the mark, the original effective date or termination date, and any assignments.
- You may also request a general search of registered marks by characteristics.
- The database contains fields for words, figures, shapes, colors and other descriptive information.
- Please include as many specifics as possible to assure all similar existing marks are identified.
Submitting the Request
Along with the specific of the search, please indicate whether you want copies of any marks found, and what types of copies you need (such as entire application form or sample only). See the fee chart for search and copy fees set by law.
Use our Trademark Search Request form to file your search request.
Fax your search request to (304) 558-8381
Mail your search request to:
WV Secretary of State
Building 1, Suite 157-K
1900 Kanawha Boulevard East
Charleston WV 25305
Our staff will notify you of the total fees. Payment must be received before the search can be delivered.