Business and Licensing
Welcome to the Business and Licensing Division. This is a diverse section within the Secretary of State's Office offering a wide variety of information and services. For your convenience, this information has been categorized. For specific information, click one of the links below. If you have any problem finding what you are looking for, please contact us at (304) 558-8000, toll free (866) 767-8683 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The West Virginia Guide to Business Start-Up is designed to answer many of the questions you may have when registering your business in West Virginia and to make the registration process as simple as possible. Click on the link above, or the image on the right below, to download and print the guide for your convenient reference as you proceed through the registration process.
Do you know a small business that deserves recognition?
Between now and January 11, 2016, the U.S. Small Business Administration’s West Virginia District Office is accepting nominations in the following categories:
• Small Business Person of the Year (National)
• Exporter of the Year (National)
• West Virginia Young Entrepreneur of the Year
• West Virginia Encore Entrepreneur of the Year
• West Virginia Veteran-Owned Small Business of the Year
• West Virginia Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year
• West Virginia Minority-Owned Small Business of the Year
• West Virginia Business Champion of the Year
The nominations must be submitted to the Small Business Administration’s West Virginia District Office. It is located at 320 West Pike Street, Suite 330, Clarksburg, WV 26301. More information is available at http://awards.sba.gov and www.sba.gov/wv.